The Oxford Boater
The Oxford semi-bleached boater conjures up images of punting on the river. It is also at home on the coast or in the city. Its wide brim will protect you from the midday sun while looking stylishly chic in the heat. The adjustable inner band can be tightened if there is a light breeze. The Boater comes with a unique and ethical plaited horse-hair band which is removable should you wish to use your own scarf and wear it your way.
- Genuine Panama – 100% Ecuadorian Straw
- One size with adjustable inner band (55cm to 58cm)
- Hand-woven by artisans in Ecuador over many days
- Crafted into the Boater shape by craftsman in England
- Approx. 10 cm Brim Width
- Approx. 9cm Crown Height
- Removable, unique and ethical horse-hair band. Individually handwoven in Ecuador by a family-run farm who have been making horse-hair products for over 30 years. The horses are not bred for their hair, this is simply excess hair that would otherwise go to waste. Each band is unique and comes in a shade of dark brown.
Your Luisa Kelsey hat is delivered to you in a beautiful keepsake box to store at home and a stylish tote bag designed to protect your hat on your travels or at your chosen destination.